Friday, 21 June 2019
Businesses in the UK have a unique opportunity to take advantage of the Government Broadband Scheme. Since it’s launch in 2015, the scheme has so far boosted the broadband speeds of more than 20,000 homes and businesses in some of the hardest to reach areas in the UK. Improving broadband services for people struggling with poor connections is a top priority for the Government as it looks to improve the economy with complete full fibre coverage by 2033! However, with 75% of funding already allocated the expected end date at the current pace is October 2019!
Since the start of the scheme, 2Circles has helped over 100 businesses take advantage of the Scheme. We specialise in helping businesses with this process from start to finish and have so far helped get the £262K worth of funding! The time to act is now – when the pot is empty, it’s over!
Call us today to find out more information on how to claim your voucher!
Please see below some facts about the UK’s current connectivity:
- Only 4% of the UK’s population have full fibre connections...
- It is currently amongst the worst in the world
- Businesses are still using 100-year-old copper network to try and run modern communications
- Countries like Portugal and Spain have over 80% fibre coverage
- Data Usage doubles every 14 months
- Most businesses are still only investing £1-2 per day on their internet, yet it costs them thousands when it fails
- For £10 per day, you can have the best connectivity available!
- The cost to the UK economy from the loss of productivity due to poor internet connectivity is £11 billion